Mission & Values
Initiatives Inc. is committed to improving access to quality primary health care for people in underserved communities. Our technical and management support enables organizations and communities to link, coordinate, and deliver health services with the goal of providing solutions for better health.
The development focus of Initiatives, which stems from extensive field experience, is based on five basic principles:
- Human resource planning and management systems are essential components of effective health care delivery
- The development and maintenance of technical and management skills among service providers requires comprehensive and integrated training of both technicians and their supervisors
- Effective programs are sustainable when the human resources needed for program development, training, service provision, and monitoring and evaluation are available locally
- Capacity-building partnerships and collaboration with national and community-based development organizations are key elements in successful programs
- The establishment of a culture of quality evolves when standards are clear and staff are focused on client service