Position Announcement: Senior Health Workforce Advisor
Initiatives Inc. seeks a full-time Senior Health Workforce Advisor to contribute to the development of key ASSIST project strategies and activities in human performance management. ASSIST (Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems) is a newly launched USAID-funded global project with a goal of improving health, infectious disease, and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions in USAID-assisted countries, Ministries of Health, USAID missions and cooperating agencies. Key areas of assistance will include the application of:
- Human performance factors – to examine the relationship between health care providers’ work environment and provider performance
- Quality improvement principles – to strengthen health workforce management in areas such as training, supervision systems, interpersonal relations and workforce productivity and efficiency
Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support planning, development, implementation and evaluation of project activities and/or studies that address health workforce issues including increasing the productivity of health workers, task delegation, job aids, incentive systems, and quality management applied to HR systems
- Support field-based strategies to apply human performance technology principles and practices to improve health care provider commitment and effectiveness
- Conduct systematic assessments of current staffing patterns and preparing staffing projections to meet demand for integrated services
- Develop multi-country Improvement Collaboratives to address health workforce planning and management systems
- Evaluate the role of providers with less academic training in competently performance tasks that offer low-cost approaches for sustaining and strengthening health worker performance
- Evaluate the impact of financial and non-financial provider incentives on quality and productivity
- Review job design and provide technical assistance in developing provider job aids
- Provide short-term technical assistance overseas to a number of activities and studies
- Prepare monthly and annual reports of project activities in human performance technology
- Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources Development or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in human performance management and/or research, including significant HR experience in USAID-assisted countries.
- Experience in writing, publishing and presenting professional work.
- Must be able to travel overseas up to 33% time.
- Second language fluency in French is preferred.
- HPT certification such as Certified Performance Technologist is desired.
Salary will be commensurate with mid- to senior-level experience and qualifications (this is an exempt position). Benefits package includes retirement fund and health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV/résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (617) 262-2514. No phone calls, please.
Initiatives Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.